Has your iPhone 6s randomly shut itself off for no obvious reason? Typically this happens when the iPhone 6s still has battery power available, but the device dies and powers down anyway. If this has happened to your iPhone 6s, it may be due to a battery failure and Apple might replace it for free.
To determine if your iPhone 6s is eligible for the free battery replacement, you’ll need to find the devices serial number and then run it through an Apple website for the “iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues”, here’s what you’ll want to do:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and then go to “General” and to “About” to locate the Serial Number for the iPhone 6s (you can also get the iPhone serial number from iTunes)
- Go to https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/ and enter the serial number of the iPhone to check eligibility
If the iPhone 6s serial number matches the range known to contain faulty batteries, you can send your iPhone 6s into Apple for a free repair. You can also take the iPhone into an Apple Store, or to a certified reseller or repair shop for the battery replacement as well.
Apple typically has a fast turnaround for mailing in a faulty iPhone for repair, so if your serial number falls into the range it is a good idea to send in the device for the battery replacement, even if you have not yet experienced a random shutdown or the device randomly turning itself off.
Remember, this specific program is limited to the iPhone 6s and a specific range of serial numbers. If your iPhone or iPad of any other model is exhibiting similar behavior of randomly turning off, follow this troubleshooting guide to see if you can remedy the issue on your own, and if that fails it may be a good idea to contact Apple Support.
people also read:
Recommendation: Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Massive free resources: videos, wallpapers, ringtones
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.